A snowbird is actually a person, not a bird. In fact, this term is a nickname for the dark-eyed junk bird, but in terms of people, it is used to describe a group of seasonal travelers (usually retirees) who migrate to areas with warmer climates during the winter months.
At other times snowbirding is used to escape the heat. For one part or for the other, Vancouver is the perfect destination. You want to know why?
For example, in April, a Canadian city like Vancouver can reach 27ºC on a sunny day thanks to the region’s microclimate. If you are an enthusiast and want to invest in Vancouver as a snowbirding destination you have to know that you will probably see all four seasons in one trip.
This makes it the perfect destination for any occasion. In winter it will not be too cold and in summer the weather will be warm.
Nature and urban environment, all in one.
One of the topics of Vancouver, but which is perfectly fulfilled, is that you can go skiing in the morning, go to the beach at noon and go out for drinks at night, all the same day.
Mountain sports, hiking, snowshoeing, kayaking, sailing, whale watching, cycling routes… the myriad of sports and outdoor activities that you can practice in Vancouver is endless.
But Vancouver is also the most important city on the west coast of Canada and has a good range of leisure and entertainment (museums, cinemas, shows), as well as countless restaurants, cocktail bars, night clubs…
It’s the package complete: living in the mountains and in the city at the same time. More details!
- You can choose to stay in a hotel during your snowbirding time or rent one of Vancouver’s many condos.The hotel will probably give you many facilities but a condo will give you more freedom.
- Before going, plan your trip carefully: in which area are you going to stay and for how long.
- If you are going by car or you intend to rent one in the city, you will have to look for parking. There are usually very good offers if you take packages of several weeks or months
- If the car is not your thing, Vancouver’s public transport network allows you to get to any area without much problem. The system is fast and efficient and on the Translink website you can find any information on how to move around the city.
- Find out if your pet can go with you. There are many people who do not leave home without their pet. Fortunately, in Vancouver there are many places where you can also stay with you.
If your English is not very good, no problem, people are used to receiving foreigners and they make an effort to understand you. Click here for more information: http://www.demopoliscreditunion.com/do-i-invest-into-vancouver-real-estate-or-buy-into-the-markets/